How are y’all doing?
I am currently in an amazing mood, because I found my moms cookbook from when she was my age and it has some of the most amazing recipes! So I decided to make a marble cake simply because and after trying it, I need to share the recipe with y’all!
Ingredients: (sorry about the metric system thing, but it IS a german recipe)
3-5 eggs (should weight ~300g)
1 package of baking powder
3 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
How to make it:
- First mix butter and sugar in 1 bowl using a hand mixer. Mix them until they are one solid mass and there are no more clumps of butter or sugar!
- Now slowly put in one egg after the other, whilst constantly mixing it using the hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour and baking powder
- Sieve flour-baking powder mixture into dough and softly mix WITH A SPOON until one solid mass
- Now split the dough mixture in half and put one half of it into a separate bowl.
- Mix cocoa powder with one of the dough-halfs.
- Now pour one of the doughs into a springform and make sure it is spread out equally.
- Pour other dough half on top and make sure they don’t mix too much
- Take a spoon, go under the dough, and whilst turning lift up the lower dough to the top.
- Repeat step 9 however often you like (5-6 times should suffice though)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 320° F
- Let cool and eat fresh (best with a glass of milk)
I really hope y’all enjoy the recipe and find time to try it sometime!
I hope your having a great time