Hey y’all! As of last Saturday I’m on a low/no carb diet….! *un-enthusiastic cheering* It sucks because I love food and not eating my favorite foods is annoying, BUT I wanna look good for the summer holidays and be able to go to the beach without feeling self conscious, so that’s why i’m dieting. Several people have told me that “looking good” shouldn’t be the core reason to my diet, but I don’t feel comfortable in my body right now, and it is sorely my own doing, i’m not being forced to. ANYWAYS, dieting can be great to cook new foods and try out new things, like this LOW CARB BREAD that tastes really similar to real bread and tricks your mind into thinking you’re actually eating bread!
Yeah, dieting is all about tricking your mind with healthy foods.
Low Carb Bread
- 300 g of low fat curd cheese
- 8 medium big eggs
- 100 g of ground almonds
- 115 g of crushed flax seeds
- 5 tablespoon of wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- Some butter for the pan
- Put the curd cheese, the eggs and the baking powder into a bowl and whisk together.
- Then add the almonds, the flax seeds, the wheat bran, the flour, the salt and the sunflower seeds.
- Whisk until everything is combined.
- Butter a 25-30 cm pan and pour the batter into it.
- Bake for 90 minutes at 150°C.